Question for non-Americans: Do you generally understand the English language as spoken by most Americans?

That is, excluding the English dialect spoken by many residents in the southern region of the United States, do you generally understand the English that is spoken by the majority of Americans? I was born and raised in the United States. As a young child I had difficulty understanding the English spoken by many... show more That is, excluding the English dialect spoken by many residents in the southern region of the United States, do you generally understand the English that is spoken by the majority of Americans?

I was born and raised in the United States. As a young child I had difficulty understanding the English spoken by many residents in Texas and in America's southern region, though I eventually learned to understand it