Do Americans value opinions more than truth?

From my experience talking with Americans, i often get the impression that they value opinions more than 'truth'. I always feel that, they don't think that there is a correct statement and an incorrect statement, they just think that whatever you state or think is just your opinion, and even if you show... show more From my experience talking with Americans, i often get the impression that they value opinions more than 'truth'. I always feel that, they don't think that there is a correct statement and an incorrect statement, they just think that whatever you state or think is just your opinion, and even if you show them the facts, for them, it's just an ''opinion''.

Just few weeks ago i pointed at an incorrect information written in the news to one of my American friends, and he just said ''well, that's just their opinion''. But it's not just ''their opinion'', they literally published an information that is not accurate. How Is stating false facts an ''opinion''? If i say ''the capital of France is Mexico city''. Is that just my opinion or is that a LIE? I am clearly stating a FALSE INFORMATION. That is NOT an opinion. If i say the capital of France is Paris, that is not just my opinion, that is THE TRUTH.