where do you find a lawyer that specializes in mental hygiene in NYC?

i want to help people because i was a victim of police excessive force when they tried forcing me to go to the hospital their is a lot of abuse here with that how can you sue these motherfu**ers

I had a problem with a clinic, way too long to go into. I tried looking into psychiatric lawyers but they pretty much don't help in that. Most of their work is helping families of very ill people. Most of what they will sue doctors in , actually protects and encourges the industries bad behavior. Over diagnosis, over medicating etc. They can get sued for not doing anything to prevent suicide, failure to diagnose and treat etc.

Your best bet might be a civil rights lawyer. Its a civil rights offense.

When you have a mental breakdown, the worst part is coming to grips with how vicious the system is & that nobody cares that they treated you this way.

The website Mad In America is great for people who have suffered this. The comment sections are full of former patients who have done a lot of research into this system.

you might be able to find one online

• Toast

I’ve never heard of mental hygiene. Maybe the yellow pages? Google?