Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 8 months ago

Why are most people depressed these days?

I can understand today's world is pretty messed up, but still.

22 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago

I honestly believe its a false misconception that people are more depressed today than the past.

people were just as depressed or even more depressed in the past, but they were heavily undiagnosed because there weren't any proper or known medical treatments/advancements like there is today

if you honestly believe people were so happy living the american dream in the 40's or 50's, you are just reading into much propaganda looking in films or reading books showing a happy go lucky family. when its clearly, like I just said. was propaganda

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

They aren't. A lot of people are anxious about everything from the global economy to politics to the environment. But most of this "depression" is self diagnosed and wouldn't be termed as clinical depression by any educated mental health provider.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Because while technology increases peoples morality and etiquette has grown bone cold, causing both depression and being oppressed by this factor

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Because you haven't killed yourself yet.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 8 months ago

because they don't have Jesus Christ in their hearts and as their Lord & Savior

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

How do you know they are? Have you done a survey?

• 8 months ago

Where as before with depression people had hope today they don't.

• 8 months ago

I blame society and social media. Even though it can have its benefits like staying in contact with friends, it can also spread false images on life and people compare their lives to these fake lives, and because their life doesn't live up to these false expectations they become depressed. I also think that people always ask for more and take their lives for granted. People are made to believe that they need all these brand new gadgets, big houses, new car to be accepted in society. It leaves people feeling left out I think.

• 8 months ago

Because people today rely on things to make them happy more than they rely on God. Seeing how fast people get over things that made them happy there is always going to be emptiness inside of them because nothing satisfies them for very long. Today people are chasing sonething that ultimately doesnt bring them happiness even though it seems like it would. People today are chasing a lie. Theirs nothing more depressing than that. Only in Christ is there true happiness. He gives a happiness that lasts forever as long as you are obedient to God. When you have Gods Spirit in you there will always be happiness joy and peace inside of you and materialistic things wont mean a thing to you. Why's everyone depressed today. Well the truth is because most people are living in sin. Sin seems fun but it leaves you broken and depressed because you're constantly chasing and doing something that's actually killing you slowly. Sin kills you physically mentality and spirituality.

Galatians 5

7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

Galatians 5

19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

cause theres a lot of depressing things going on these days

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.