Is it appropriate for a butch lesbian to use the men's restroom? I was in a bookstore, and I saw a butch woman go into the men's restroom.?

• RP

First, don't judge a book by its cover or people by their look. Second, many men use the women's room, if the former is occupied, and women do the same with men's rooms in similar situations. When you gotta go, you gotta go.

• astarrynight8 months agoReport

I did not judge her. She was with a female. They were holding hands. I heard them talking. Her voice was a female's voice.

No it is not right. Unless a woman has had an operation to change sex (same applies to a man) they should use the toilets for their birth gender. Once operated on it's a different story.

• GFH

It is okay to do so, and it is unlikely that any man in the men's restroom at the time will object

Only inappropriate if she uses the urinal

Yes, nowadays anybody can use any restroom that they are comfortable using.

• audrey

I don't think so, but we had one at work who also used the men's restroom.