Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 8 months ago

Is modern Islam more violent than modern Christianity because it is younger and has not had time to be reformed?

38 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago

Do not confuse the Catholic Church and its Pope with Christianity. What an evil Pope does has nothing to do with Christ Jesus. What pastors and priests do in their sexual acts does not represent Christ Jesus. What Islam does while saying they know Jesus has nothing to do with the Lord Jesus. Muhammad was only a prophet, but Christ Jesus was Almighty God in human flesh walking among His creation. Only Christ Jesus can reform the heart of mankind. And Jesus said, when He returns that He may tell many "I never knew you." When Jesus walked the earth He told us to "Pray for the peace of Jerusalem......" Is modern Islam praying for the peace of Jerusalem? Almighty God said concerning Israel, "I will bless those who bless you, and I will curse those who curse you." Any attack against the Jewish people in Israel is an attack toward a Holy God. God scattered the Jewish people and God regathered the Jewish people and they became a nation in one day on May 14, 1948 just like the Holy Bible predicted. Fifty years later in 1967 Israel fought 5 Arab nations and won the battle for Jerusalem. This battle fought was beyond all odds and many believe God and His heavenly angels intervened for the Jewish people many times. I know Richard Nixon gave Goldie Maier what she needed to fight the battle as history records. There is another battle coming and let all Islam beware that Almighty God has told the entire world that "He will curse those who curse them, and He will bless those who bless them." Only God could protect this small nation of Jewish people and only God could have regathered these people back to the Holy Land of Israel. God promises them in the Holy Scriptures that they will not be uprooted again. That Jerusalem and the land that God gave them will be theirs and that all nations will come to Jerusalem and worship the God of Creation. Only the Jewish people have a land deed to their land. A God-given deed because God set it up this way and used the Jewish people as an example for the entire world. He scattered them because they disobeyed Him as we all have done and because they were used by God as our example, He tells us "do not curse, but bless, because you are not worthy also." We all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. The only rightreousness in any Christian is the Lord Jesus in them as the Holy Spirit. God set this law and He wrote "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son that who so ever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life." Only way to Heaven and everlasting life is Jesus Christ. There is no other way.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Mintee
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

no... there are more violent acts by so called christians than by muslims.. only the news right now is choosing to dog on anyone muslim.. for example.. if a christian shoots up a bar. club, school, church, etc.. they are just called "shooter" , gunman/woman, and mentally ill (although anyone that shoots up people are mentally ill)... if a muslim has done the exact same thing.. he/she is called a terrorist... if you go look in any western prison and look at the persons that are on death row for murder, majority profess to be christians... its a true fact

• "there are more violent acts by so called christians than by muslims."

No there are not.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_terrorist_incidents_in_2019

• Alan H
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

The early Church was strongly anti violence

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Christianity was.. violent..?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Dr. D
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Islam is more violent that Christianity because Muhammad was much more violent than Jesus. Whenever a religion experiences a reform movement it always tries to return to the original teachings of its founder. 

Muhammad is considered to lead the model life for all Muslims. Muhammad would attack caravans from Mecca as acts of revenge. Muhammad would take female captives as sex slaves. Anyone who disagreed with Muhammad was put to death. Muhammad wanted his followers to continue the Jihad and spread Islam over the earth.

• Otto
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Islam and all false religions are violent.

False religions do not teach the truth about the true God Jehovah. (John 17:3)

Source(s): Bible
  • 8 months ago

Islam itself is not the problem idiot it’s people in charge

• ...Show all comments
    • tom8 months agoReport

how is it you know nothing about what the quran and hadiths say about mohammad? I have read these books and I can assure you mohammad was one of the evilest persons I have ever read about. that is if the quran and hadiths are true!

• 8 months ago

I’ve heard similar said before...sorry, no citation, and it makes me wonder if a Muslim Reformation is inevitable. I mean, how can the religion sustain itself. It implies we are in the Muslim Dark Ages.

What emerges after the reformation? Hopefully a smart peaceful group that contributes to Mankind.

• ...Show all comments
    • 8 months agoReport

You didn't.
      Never
      No
      No
      How
      Dark ages since time began.
      Cross your mind.
      No.
      Not in any way never not no how.
      The submitters.
      On the floor.
      Head down.
      Did think about that
      Did you?
      Never not no how.
      Enlightened.
      Without thinking
      Never not no how.
      Submitting.
      Head down.
      On a rug
      Did you think

• 8 months ago

Nope. Jesus' Christianity was not violent. It was only when Christianity became the imperial religion of Rome that it became violent.

• I agree, but if you look at it, it was this Roman empire that altered the Bible's in May ways. People say the bible wasn't changed, but think about it, Jesus was married

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Believer it or not, Islam was more liberal 200 years ago. It was the most recent reform that made it even worse.

I'm currently living in the country of Tunisia and it's very liberal.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.