Sneakers without socks healthier?

I am a physical educator. British and Polish children wear sneakers almost all with socks. The Germans wear almost all without socks. Is that healthier?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Ludwig
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

NO  The minimum length of an answer is 15 character

Source(s): The minimum length of an answer is 15 character
  • Anonymous
    1 year ago

Doesn't that cause blisters on the back of your feet?

• JASON
    Lv 6
    1 year ago

I would say the sock is there to conduct sweat away from the foot and keep it dryer, so wear socks.

• ?
    Lv 6
    1 year ago

No it is not healthier. It is not good for your feet and after you wear them without socks as time goes on your feet and sneakers are going to stink.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 year ago

I don't think so, because the socks absorb the sweat from your feet.

Without socks, the inside lining of your shoes will get soiled quickly.

And if it's not an absorbent lining, then a slippery, moist environment for your

feet can result in athlete's foot or other fungi.

• 1 year ago

with socks is healthier

• 1 year ago

it might be for them

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

Well it is more comfortable for me to wear my sneakers without socks because I hate wearing socks. One person even told me it is healthier to wear sneakers without socks, but I am not so sure about that.

• 1 year ago

They're doing it for fashion, not for health. Of course, it's healther to wear socks. They absorb the sweat and then they get washed. Otherwise, the damp insides of the shoe can develop fungus and bacteria and cause problems.

• With any kind of footwear, it's healthier to wear socks.  It may not be fashionable (especially with sandals) but it's better for your feet.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.