Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 8 months ago

A third of Brits say ‘blackface’ is acceptable, what percentage of them do you think vote Tory or Brexit party?

Things have become very silly.  In the early 20th century, there was a genre of music that involved dressing up in black face and singing songs written by Jewish New Yorkers about "Mammy" and "De Ol' Plantation".  Black people in the USA found this very offensive since it glorified the days of black exploitation and ridiculed them as people.  It is only in the past few years that anyone might find it offensive for a white man to go to a fancy dress party as Abenazar from The Arabian Nights.  What the hell has a pantomime character got to do with the dignity of black people?  Unless of course you're a politician playing dirty tricks.  What next - complaining about Anne Widdecombe playing Widow Twankey because it belittles Chinese people?

What are "Brits"?

This is irony. Trudeau espouses this silly ashamed to be white modern philosophy and now he is being hung by his own rope.

I'm a Remainer and I despise the Tories, however, I think the whole incident was blown way out of proportion and I really don't care. I don't believe most who dress up in 'blackface' are being deliberately or seriously racist or offensive.

Source(s): Not everyone on the centre-left is a social justice warrior.
  • cuxi

Well if you saw how orange most of the ladies look you could mistake them for a different ethnicity.

Source(s): Pasty white British woman