What is the true religion, is there only one true religion?

That would be the religion (worship - way of living) that the one true God states as His requirements for those who believe in Him and who live to please Him.

As Jesus said to a believing Samaritan woman, "The hour comes, and is now, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth, for the Father seeks such to worship him. God is Spirit, and they that worship him must worship in spirit and in truth." Jesus then went on to declare that He is the Messiah of God, and He also said that He is "the Way, the Truth, and the Life".

Those who want to know about such eternal matters should read not only the entire 4th chapter of John's gospel but the three chapters preceding it. That will start to open up this vast subject for knowing who Jesus really is is key to unlocking this way of worship that is of the Spirit of God.

• Annsan_In_Him

Michael, I have no need to look at a JW website on that topic for the Bible clearly tells us what God's divine judgment will be upon all false religion, and upon all people, because everyone who has died will be resurrected on the Day of Resurrection and Judgment, to be judged. I stick to the Bible

"I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."

That exclusive statement by Jesus rules out all man-made efforts to get to God, and therefore, ultimately, heaven.

The way to God is a PERSON, not a religion.

"I am the way."

"I am the door."

"I am the gate."

Test these claims Jesus made about Himself. He is the only way into God's Kingdom: Jesus is the one and only real-life PORTAL into this spiritual dimention... a fourth dimention. His kingdom on earth.

The cross is a spiritual 'black hole' for the world's sins, crimes and evil.

Any organization that makes the (ridiculous) claim "You need Jesus PLUS US to get to heaven." is not from God. Jesus is all you will ever, ever need.

"Come to me all you who are burdened and weary and I will give you rest for your souls. Take My yoke upon you; for My burden is easy, and My yoke is light."

Do this and live..

Do it today.

Tomorrow may be too late.

• Brian

Jehovah's Christian Witnesses.

Any other religion is false since they do not follow Jesus in the worship of Jesus' God Jehovah

• Madam Sin Bin

Also, having been a Lutheran a lot of years, where do Protestants or Catholics or Orthodox worship an angel as God or Jesus? They don't, you JW lying hypocrite. Own your own crap, JW's. Good gravy all over again. 

• P

JWs are not the true religion, watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A51lFpNLmko

Youtube thumbnail

• Madam Sin Bin

There's actually great videos done on the JW cult. Try Telltale, Mr. Atheist, AronRa, Seth Andrews, etc. 

• Ko

Know first what do you want from "the true religion". Because there are so many roads, if you don't have a destination, they're all valid. But if you have a particular place you want to go, the only one that is valid is the one that will take you there.

• Huh?

On this site I read many profoundly stupid questions and answers. But yours, one I've read often in other posts, maybe the stupidest.

If there was a criteria for determining the true religion people would only practice that religion. Just think about it if everybody agreed on the same brand of coffee is being the best everybody would be drinking that brand. Everybody believed in the same brand of religion everybody would be following that brand. It truly is a profoundly stupid question the religion you believe is the one true religion is the one that you follow otherwise why would you still be following it?

Can you imagine somebody saying I know that my religion isn't the one true religion but I continue to follow it because I'm an idiot do you want to spend eternity in hell following the wrong religion?

• Huh?

How can you NOT be brainwashed. How many predictions came from the watchtower that were absolutely wrong?

Illustrating how to tell the difference between those who practice true religion and those who do not, the Bible says: “By their fruits you will recognize them. Never do people gather grapes from thorns or figs from thistles, do they?” (Matthew 7:16) Just as you can distinguish a grapevine from a thornbush by what it produces, you can distinguish true religion from false by its fruits, or by these identifying features.

True religion teaches the truth that is based on the Bible, not on human philosophies. (John 4:24; 17:17) This includes religious truths about the soul and the hope of everlasting life on a paradise earth. (Psalm 37:29; Isaiah 35:5, 6; Ezekiel 18:4) It also does not hold back from exposing religious falsehood.—Matthew 15:9; 23:27, 28.

More: https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/questions/wh...

All religions claim to be the one true religion. As they all disagree with each other, they cannot possibly all be the "one true religion" - but they can all not be. The highest probability is that no religion is the "true religion".

• daylily61

That can be none other than Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. He laid down His sinless, perfect life in order to purchase that same righteousness for all who repent of their sins and trust Him to wash them clean.

Christianity is the only religion on earth. Now, people have gotten used to calling Buddhism a religion, Islam a religion, etc, but really theologically they are called false religions.

• Steven

What the bible says is the true religion which is taking care of the orphans and the widows and whatever else it say is religion.

• Michael

Execution of Divine Judgment upon False Religion
      https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1963...