Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 8 months ago

My best friend has died, and I am seeing a grief counselor?

I am extremely upset beyond words about what has happened. I am seeing a grief counselor about it. But I feel like it is not helping me. It really feels like all that's happening is she is taking money from me for no reason. That's really all it feels like. I am thinking about stopping seeing her as she is not helping me at all. I would get my money back if i could, but I can't. Should I continue seeing her or should I just stop and save myself the money?

• Favourite answer

Lol you just wasting money quit seeing the counselor.

It took me four years of counselling to overcome my dad's death. This year will make it seven years since he has died.

Therapy takes time. Consider how long you have been visiting your counselor before you decide to quit. Also, make sure and follow through with the advice and suggestions given. You can always try another counselor if you think this person is not working out.

• steve

I am sorry for what you are going through and for the loss of your friend.

A while ago my girlfriend died of cancer. I was lost without her but never thought about paying someone for advice. I just went on sad without her for a couple or years.

I would never have considered paying for a counsellor. I just got on with life and then a girl I knew as a friend who knew what had happened became more than just a friend.

We got together and she gives me everything I need free of charge.

OUR CONDOLENCES DEAR....I WOULD DISCONTINUE THE COUNSELOR...U CAN PRAY TO GOD FOR FREE AND ASK HIM FOR COMFORT AND DIRECTION...U HAVE TO KEEP ON LIVING..

I couldn't tell you if you don't need to see a counselor, but if you don't feel like you're being helped by the one you're seeing, then choose another one.