Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 9 months ago

How to tell my wife I don't love her anymore?

When I say don't love her, I do, like il always care for her and always want nothing but the best for her, hence why I want to do this. I care that much of her I feel bad sitting here feeling like we could be both be happier with other people. Our marriage has become more like a best friend type thing. We do stuff and enjoy out times out but when ever we do something you consider lovely dovey, it feels strange. We had moments were we grew apart due to work and wanting to do our own things and we'd sort of forgot about eachother. Like last night we had sex, first time in 4 months and it was over within 15 minutes. I think she sensed it aswell that it was quite boring, she said it maybe because we havnt done it in a while.

I know she probably doesn't share my feelings and thinks we're okay which is making this a lot harder. Imagine you having sex with your best friend, it would feel weird wouldn't it? Like why are we doing this?

Well, you are posting this on 'singles and dating' so it sounds like you've got one foot out the door already.

You have to feel her out before just announcing something like that to her. Ask her how she feels about "us" and ask her questions about if she thinks you guys can fix it or if there's even anything to fix in her opinion.

My husband and I have been best friends and lovers for decades. I can't imagine staying married to anyone who WASN'T also my best friend. You don't mention the length of your marriage but the roller coaster of passion is entirely normal in any relationship. Refocus on your marriage. Usually, that turns out more rewarding than seeking your passion elsewhere. Start having more sex. THIS is who you have sex with. Want more? Have more.

• kristy

Say: I don’t want you anymore

• RP

I"m not sure sex with a best friend would seem weird or would necessarily not be a wonderful experience, but what your question suggests is that you and your spouse have a clear communication problem. I wonder if you were to ask her whether she loves you any more what she might say. Trying communicating and getting in touch (acquainted, not physical) with each other and see if you have fallen out of love, never loved her, or wish you could, but don't know how. Communicate with her, no YA.

• Nick

many of us are like you, dude. enjoy your wife, to be still best friend is not a so common stuff and is a very good thing

Well theres no easy way to do it. Just gotta get a few beverages into her.

Make sure you have some sort of recording device, whether video or sound, to ensure you're legally safe when she inevitably schizo's on you.

Just don't, and say you did.