Josh asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 10 months ago

Do you think if a person swears on the lives of their family members they ll do something then doesn t do it they are low?

Yeah my friend Jack said swore on his family members lives and today is mothers life that he would he give me money i lent him back but there is always some excuse as to why he can t. Is swearing on his love ones lives a very low down thing to do?

It is low and it reflects poorly on him.

They should not do that. They should pray to God for their family members' health and stop making promises they don't intend to keep.

Unless the consequence is the immediate murder/kidnapping of said relative... there is no reason to suppose making a swear on the lives of anyone matters at all. It's a meaningless expression, a meaningless swear, really. It's "I promise". Now you know how trustworthy Jack's promises are.

• y

Nope, becouse in the scheme of things. What does it really mean? Nothing, words mean very little it is actions that we should be judged on. Many seem to forget this, even go out of their way to believe and defend the words of one whose actions never seem to match them. The greatest example of this in recent times that I can think of. would be Obama. Elegant skills with language, always seemed to say the right things. But what he did, was in reality, very little and often. Did not match his words.