if the Lord said" i will remember their sins no more" then, why do Christians believe in disipline,chastising and falling out of fellowship?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 months ago
    Favourite answer

The problem is this: Though their sin(s) are forgiven, Christians suffer the daily barrage of temptations. It's rather easy to take faith and Jesus for granted and fall back into old sins or new ones. Chastenings from God are designed to draw us back into relationship with Him, and "discipline" comes from the same root word as Disciple. Hebrews 10:25 addresses the fellowship issue.

• ...Show all comments
    • CODA
      Lv 5
      9 months agoReport

if it were, it would be conditional Grace and would not be a gift"..thank you..

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 9 months ago

Those are man made stipulations.

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

When we sin we need to repent, then we will be forgiven and that sin remembered no more.

• 9 months ago

What that means is that Jesus won't bring them up any more in judgment or in conversation. He'll pretend that they didn't happen -- on condition, of course, of our sincere and complete repentance, which includes making whatever amends we can and paying our debt to society.

• CODA
      Lv 5
      9 months agoReport

when Jesus went to the cross out of love for mankind. the only condition that was required of us was "repenting of unbelief in his finished work on the cross and believing by faith that we are saved by his grace and not by works lest any man should boast"

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 months ago

By reciting the rosary every day with care, a person can better know the true meanings of Bible verses.

• 9 months ago

Discipline within the church is followed in 1 Cor. 5. Compare 1 John 1:9.

• 9 months ago

1 John 1:7 says, "IF we walk in the Light as He Himself is in the Light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin."

We have the continual cleansing of our sins "IF we walk in the light" (as we continue to walk in the light).

1 John 5:13 says, "These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know that you have eternal life."

How do we know we have eternal life? It is by "these things written". It is by the scriptures.

If we walk in the light of God's word, we have fellowship with other believers and the blood of Christ continues to cleanse us from all sins.

If we do NOT continue to walk in the light, then we have stepped out of that fellowship with other believers and away from Christ's cleansing blood.

Paul wrote, "I discipline my body and make it my slave, so that, after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified." (KJV says "...a castaway".) (1 Cor. 9:27) Revelation 2:10 says, "Be faithful until death, and I will give you the crown of life."

There is that same idea. "If we walk in the light..." But, what if we don't?

Peter wrote, " For if, after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the latter end is worse for them than the beginning. For it would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered to them. But it has happened to them according to the true proverb: “A dog returns to his own vomit,” and, “a sow, having washed, to her wallowing in the mire.”" (2 Peter 2:20-22)

Notice these had "escaped the pollutions of the world" and were "again entangled in them and overcome".

They had "known the way of righteousness" and then they "turn from it".

It is compared to a pig that was washed clean and then returned to the mud, or a dog that was sick and purged its stomach of that which made it ill, and then ate it again. Sickening imagery, but it makes the point!

We must have discipline. Chastening corrects error and helps us to learn to stay on the path we should travel, lest we having known the way or righteousness and having escaped the polution of the world we were to turn back to it.

• ...Show all comments
    • JoeBama
      Lv 7
      9 months agoReport

We do not earn salvation by this obedience, but it is a condition that must be met. But, what if we don't obey? What if we don't live in the way grace teaches us through the scriptures? "Those who do not obey the gospel" will be eternally lost. (2 Thessalonians 1:7-9)

• 9 months ago

METHODISTS DO NOT DO THAT...WE ANSWER TO GOD....all Christians do not do the same things...BUT GOD IS IN ALL TRINITY CHURCHES!!

• 9 months ago

After you repent, your past sins are forgotten. Grace is not a license to continue sinning.

• CODA
      Lv 5
      9 months agoReport

i will remember your sins no more but......only your past sin history?.. so stop sinning  as my Grace is not good enough for all of your sin"?.that's not Good News (Gospel) my friend".

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.