Is love really this complicated?

I am madly in love with a guy who doesn't love me any more than just a friend. Let's call this guy James. I love James so much that I want to spend the rest of my life with him. I revealed my feelings to him, and he rejected me politely saying that he likes me, but he's not interested in a relationship... show more I am madly in love with a guy who doesn't love me any more than just a friend. Let's call this guy James. I love James so much that I want to spend the rest of my life with him. I revealed my feelings to him, and he rejected me politely saying that he likes me, but he's not interested in a relationship with me. It hurts me that I can't have him, but I respect that. Life sucks sometimes.

But here's the problem, I have another friend, let's call Caleb, who I enjoy talking to for hours on end and every day. Caleb revealed to me that he loves me and that he will do anything to get me as a wife. He is a real great guy and a sweet friend, but I don't have any romantic feeling for him like I do for James.

I feel like if I can't marry James, I will marry no one, but Caleb is a real great friend, should I marry Caleb even though I'm not romantically in love with him?

I love talking to Caleb and we talk every day, and I enjoy every second of it, but I don't love Caleb enough to be my future husband.
I don't talk to James as often because I don't want to be a nuisance to him and want to give him space, but I do love every second I get to talk with him and I love him so much that I would marry him in a heartbeat if he were to propose to me.

What should I do? Should I marry Caleb even though I don't love him? Is it possible to force yourself to love someone?
Update: Why do I love James so much but not as much for Caleb even though he is a sweet and kind guy?