Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 9 months ago

My boyfriend brought up something that happened before we got into a relationship. What should I say to him?

I am 33 and he is 31. We met on Tinder.  When he asked to meet up I got freaked out- I have anxiety on top of the fact that I had never met anyone online dating and I got scared and just never responded. He did not reach out to me after I went quiet. I texted him a month later-apologized and said I would like to meet up with him. After a week of talking again I had been drinking with a friend and drunk dialed him. I told him I wanted to meet up with him that night and he said "You sound drunk, are you sure this is a good idea" and I insisted. He got to my house and by that time I fell asleep and did not hear my phone ring when he called me to let me know he was there. When I woke up I text him that I was so incredibly sorry. We ended up meeting about a week later. We had sex the first time we met. He asked me to be his girlfriend a week later. Now 4 months in- last night while laying in bed he said 'Hey babe, remember when we first met how you ghosted me and then the first time we were supposed to meet up you were asleep and then the first time we met we had sex" I said "Yes"I asked him why he was bringing it up? He said "I think about it a lot" when I asked him why he said it was because he thought it was rude. I told him that I was sorry and I asked him "Should I be worried about this?" and he said "No, I love you, I will get over it eventually"I don't understand why he is thinking about this after 4 months especially because we have such a great relationship.

• RP

Try to put yourself in his position. How would you feel if he were the one who ghosted you? If you have "such a great relationship", then why jeopardize it over his recalling the shaky start it had? Be grateful for how well things have developed and devote your concern and effort to keeping it strong and making it better.

Ah I've been with a couple of women like you... total flakes.

What's took you so long to open your legs..its not like you are still virgin and need to be deflowered...

Get over it eventually? What a putz. He obviously didn't let it stop him from having sex with you. Id tell him to get over it already and not mention it again.