"How Much Do You Typically Save, And What Do You Save For?

☆ ∩∩ ( • •)☆

┏━∪∪━━━━━━━━┓

❝ Never spend your money

before you have earned it。 ❞

┗━━━━━━━━━━━┛☆ ∩∩ ( • •)☆

i watched all your answers Thank you with my ▀██▀─▄███▄─▀██─██▀██▀▀█

─██─███─███─██─██─██▄█

─██─▀██▄██▀─▀█▄█▀─██▀█

▄██▄▄█▀▀▀─────▀──▄██▄▄█

• Kelly

Financially, I'm well off.

I save more than I spend and live modestly. I make good money and my husband has a high salary. I'm 44 and theoretically I could retire today if I wanted to between savings, investments and retirement accounts. My husband and I neither of us has much debt.

I only save for retirement and that's taken out of my paycheck. 

As far as savings account I do put some money into that but not much, maybe 100 a month. I need a new job that pays better :( 

When I'm in control of finances I save as much as I can to pay off debt. My wife on the other hand just pays off debt slowly and accumulates new debt.

• kristy

No sense in saving, what if you get run over by a car?

I save €700 per month unless there is something big to pay for like car insurance, tax, car maintenance, or a large bill.

Saving to build a cottage with my partner. Got the land but need at least 50k to get started.

• RP

It all depends on the reason or purpose for the saving. If it is a high priority item or need, the amount is what I can afford that will permit getting or doing it as soon as possible. If it is a low priority item, like a want rather than a need or something essential, then the amount is what is convenient or possible without straining my limited resources (money). If it is between high and low priority, I take the middle road.

£400'ish per month on average except when theres car insurance or similar things to pay that month.

Oh yeah, council tax is pretty high too so thats a bit of a hindrance.

Trying to get a buffer so we got money for retirement.