Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 8 months ago

Is it possible to travel back in time?

Travelling back to a point in history, but in an alternate timeline where anything you do in that universe, won’t impact your own timeline. So going back to kill my grandfather won’t create any paradoxes, all that’s changing is that my existences won’t exist in that timeline, but will in my current one.

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago

Deja Vu. If it is true or imagined......How much mass does an impression have that it can't be "moved around"?

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 8 months ago

Yes, there is no risk of paradox if travel is outside the light cone.

• 8 months ago

I don't see how. Time to me doesn't exist, but only in my thoughts as memory and what I will do in the future, which are also thoughts. So there's thoughts and present time, and the only real thing is present time, and although thoughts are in present time, they're not present time, but they're just only thoughts.

• Mike W
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

I don't know. Maybe it's impossible to travel in time, or maybe we can't because no one has figured out how to do it yet. It is possible to see into the past though. Just look into the night sky. You're not seeing the universe as it is now, you're seeing it as it was millions of years ago in some cases.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 8 months ago

Yes, in memory. It's called recall. Otherwise no.

• j153e
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

It's possible, even desirable, to repent of and therewith change prior records: http://thevioletflame.tripod.com/index.htm

• Lapiz Dominoes
      Lv 7
      8 months agoReport

Yep, people do that but minuz the religiouz thing though the zpiritual upholdz.Good Anzwer, imho.

• 8 months ago

What if you go back in time an hour or even just 10 minutes?  Will "you" still be there in that timeline?  How about your time machine?  The both of you can keep going back in time 10 minutes, pick up the younger you and repeat until you have an army of "you". 

• David
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

That is possible because unconsciously you are doing it all the time when you meet someone because you are actually seeing that person many millionths of a second later than they really are now. In the same way that it takes the light of the Sun about 8 minutes to reach Earth.

• 8 months ago

nope..............

• 8 months ago

Nope only in hekk

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.