What foods are easiest to digest?

Basically I've been struggling with bulimia since 13 and have pretty much ruined my stomach. I'm working with a nutritionist so I can eat normally. She said my stomach is likely just working very slow because of how I would purge so much.

What foods are gentle on the stomach? Because she said the only way to fix it is to get my stomach used to eating normally. But it's so hard cause food hurts my stomach. And I eat pretty healthy too. Lots of vegetables and fruits since junk food is scary. And I also eat lots of protein like beans, lentils, nuts, seeds, tofu, etc.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, all foods hurt. Easiest thing for me to eat that doesn't hurt my stomach is liquids, like coffee, tea, sometimes juice.

I just want to eat normally, I haven't been purging lately and I'm so bloated and it hurts to eat anything and not purge it.

• Marc

Have you seen a doctor? You may need a medical eval first....but if you are clear then talk to the nutritionist and ask them what to eat to get you back.

• Marc

Also....i wouldnt accept this from the nutritionist. SHe is not doing her job. These people are just too damn lazy. I would say to her "are you getting paid to treat me?" She will say "yes". they reply "then how about you ******* act like it and do you ******* job!" Lazy piece of ****

Juices (fruit) are loaded with sugars and are acidic, so i don't see how those would be easy on your stomach if you're talking fruit juices. They aren't even healthy.

I guess that, if you need extra help, consult an MD for advice

• I know it's weird. if I have too much it hurts, but a glass of juice is easier to keep down then a sandwich for example. I don't know why.

Beans, lentils and nuts have a high fiber content and are hard to digest--definitely not a good idea for a sensitive stomach. If you want their nutrition, try hummus or peanut butter, which are not high in fiber.

When someone has an upset diet and can't keep food down, doctors usually recommend the BRAT diet--an acronym for bananas, rice, applesauce and toast. These are easy on the stomach. If you want to eat a high fiber food such as an apple, run it through the blender.

• Fatty foods like peanut butter hurts. Any oils do. & Hummus is made from chickpeas. So hummus is made from beans?

1. Sweet Potatoes

2. Bananas

3. eggs

4. pumpkins

5. turkey

6 green beans

7. pineapples

8.toast

9. yogurt

10. crackers

12. mashed potatoes

13. applesauce

14. apples

And A LOT more

theres more foods that are ez to digest than you think

• Mark

Toast, rice, pudding, bananas.