jet asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 9 months ago

I want to die?

I'm a 16 yr old girl but have no friends no social life no nothing. School made me so depressed my parents finally allowed me to be home schooled but now all I do is sit in my room all day. And it's not like I've even ever had a friend. The last time someone tried to be my friend was in elementary school now I'm in 11th and still have nothing. I just want to die 24/7 I'm crying because I hate this. I hate this nothing this getting up at 10 am just to do a little homework and then nothing. Nothing to strive for. It's not like I'm smart I barely understand the things I learn and I find it hard to even try. I see no future for myself. IDK why I'm on here saying this but I don't know what else to do. I'm a burden my parents are always fighting about me my sisters hate me. Everyone hates me. I have selective mutism so this is why I haven't kept a friend in forever. Never been to a sleep over or party. Or out with friends. No one knows I exist. No one remembers me. I saw someone I grew up with at school at the store and he completely ignored me.. This all just makes me want to die. And then when I do everyone will still hate me for being a selfish spoiled brat. I can't ask for help. My parents spend enough money on me already. I don't know what to do anymore? Please someone help me.

You may perceive that your parents "spend enough money" on you already but they're not spending it in the right way and they're neglecting two pivotal things.

1. Homeschooling doesn't work unless it's in tandem with group outings and "field trips". Competent homeschooling parents join other homeschool families to plan "socialization networks". If you're not meeting with a group, going to museums, etc. your family isn't working the homeschooling program correctly.

2. Selective mutism MUST be treated with behavior therapy. If you're not in this kind of treatment you're be neglected.

You need to find the voice to talk to your parents about these things because if you don't you're never going to reach your full potential in life.

Do some volunteer work. If you cant help yourself, help others, and that will help you

• ?

People who interact and engage with others are active. They don't sit, feeling sorry for themselves. They don't ensconce themselves in self-pity.

You need to change your attitude and develop a more positive outlook.

Look for ways to be constructive.

A few suggestions to get started include:

1. Make a list of short term goals; don't make these goals super complicated. Make them really simple items... like (i) Today, I will smile when I speak to people; (ii) Today, I will do something positive for someone, etc.

2. Look for activities where you can volunteer your time. This will enable you to interact with people.

3. STOP dwelling on yourself. You've made your whole world about YOU. Everything in your outlook so far is how you're suffering and how you're not happy and how you're to be pitied. STOP this and change your attitude. Start focusing on others.

4. Spend 2-5 minutes daily smiling at yourself in the mirror. Remind yourself of the good things you have done; remind yourself of the good things you plan to do for others.

Change doesn't happen overnight, but it does happen.

Good luck.

• Kelly

I think your biggest issue here is loneliness and your image of yourself. You need to see a therapist to help you work through these issues, lots of kids and lots of adults do this.

You also should be in a conventional school or at least an online school where you'll have interaction with teachers and other people.. Are you in some sort of home school co-op at least? You home alone all day and not having this these types of interaction will make your issues worse.

What have you done to try and make friends? Do you introduce yourself to people. Do you work part-time or are you involved in any activities/hobbies?

Most friends you make in school are temporary, you generally drift apart into adulthood when your lives go in different directions. I have exactly zero friends from school, most of my friends came from hobbies or activities I do or work. I still know people who I went to school with but they're more of acquaintances.

Running away from issues doesn't treat them and suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. All life's problems are temporary. Lots of people struggle to make friends in school in their teen years but do better as an adult when they're forced to have interactions (usually through work).

• Amelia

I had no friends due to being incredibly shy when I was your age. I also was incredibly depressed. What really saved me was seeing a good therapist who taught me how to overcome these issues. I know you say you don't want your parents to spend more money on you. Depending on the health care plan they have, they might not have to pay anything at all for your therapy. But even if they have to cover part of the cost with a co-pay, you shouldn't worry about that. You getting the help you need is incredibly important. More important than the money.

• Mark

Maybe being "homeschooled" didn't give you the info to ASK a question. "I want to die?" is a statement with a "?" added on.

• Emerald Isle

Well well well Mark, aren't we a little bully, picking on a depressed 16 year old girl. You're one tough guy. A little ***** is more like it...