How do i make up for doing something bad?

when i was 15-17 i did some stupid things such as smoke weed, sneak out to bad neighborhoods to hang with friends, lie about going to school then now i’m 18 and i’ve been doing very well and graduated and i don’t lie to my dad and i don’t sneak out but last night around 9pm my friend was being abused at her home in... show more when i was 15-17 i did some stupid things such as smoke weed, sneak out to bad neighborhoods to hang with friends, lie about going to school then now i’m 18 and i’ve been doing very well and graduated and i don’t lie to my dad and i don’t sneak out but last night around 9pm my friend was being abused at her home in the city and was feeling very badly and needed someone to get her (54 mins from my house) and i lied to my dad and said i was going somewhere else but instead i went to the city and got her and didn’t get home till 12 and now she’s secretly in my room until her bf and mom comes and gets her and i feel guilty for lying and taking the car and idk why i feel so guilty it’s not as bad as things i’ve done before. i think i did the right thing helping my friend or did i not?
5 answers 5