steph
steph asked in Arts & HumanitiesPoetry · 9 months ago

Is this poem/story good? I just got inspired and came up with it want opinions thanks?

I toss and I turn while trying to sleep anxiety hits me while I try counting sheep. My cheeks turn red as I think of today, who I talked to what i said it’s the same everyday.

The next morning I cringe at the sound of my alarm, what have I don’t why am I like this? Did I cause harm?

The bags on my eyes tell a story to others but no one knows the real weight on my shoulders.

The pit in my stomach grows as the clock ticks on, eat your breakfast were late are the cries from my mom.

I walk down the hall All eyes are on me I feel like a looser of the highest degree.

I meet my friends and there’s strength in numbers, but one day they won’t be there and that’s too much to ponder.

Teacher asks me to read I stop and I shudder.

What if I mess up and make a big blunder.

The school day ends and I sigh with relief, another day another nightmare and I’m in disbelief.

Now to eat diner and go off to bed. I just hope my sick thoughts stay out of my head.

• I think it's great ! It's cool . It perfectly describes the feelings a student might have during a school day .

It is an interesting Poet (not story). Sounds like you are attempting to work out some issues within. Personally I would continue to work on it to tighten up what ever you are attempting to work out withing yourself.

Source(s): Poet and published writer 50+ years