Anonymous

Applying for federal jobs out of state a bad idea?

There's not many jobs in the area I live in so I would have to re-locate for jobs that I want. I've been applying to federal jobs on USAJOBS.GOV but would I have to travel to that state for an interview (like a normal job) then get sent back to my original state waiting for a response?

This would cost SO much money that I don't have although I am willing to re-locate. I simply cannot keep traveling to different states simply for interviews with jobs that I may or may not get.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago

Yes it's a bad idea. Remember to never travel alone. Always bring 15 characters with you.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 8 months ago

Not a bad idea. But they would typically hire locally. If a potential employer wants to interview you, they would pay for your plane tickets.

• Casey Y
      Lv 7
      8 months agoReport

Not when the employer is the US government interviewing for average jobs..,

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

The computer may automatically reject you if you reside very far away. Better to move where the jobs actually are. 

• Lv 7
      8 months agoReport

Clueless.

• 8 months ago

It be such a waste of money traveling along distance for an interview.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 8 months ago

Your choice is simple; relocate to a bigger city where the jobs exist.

• Lolly
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Maybe they would Skype or Facetime?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.