Hallucinating bugs?

So a couple of years ago, I found out that I had caught head lice from my little cousin, which I was really angry about, because I have a huge fear of them. That time was also a really low point in my life as I was really anxious all the time, and I still suffer with a moderate amount of anxiety. I was scared to... show more So a couple of years ago, I found out that I had caught head lice from my little cousin, which I was really angry about, because I have a huge fear of them. That time was also a really low point in my life as I was really anxious all the time, and I still suffer with a moderate amount of anxiety. I was scared to tell anyone about the fact that I had head lice so I got rid of them on my own, and they had definitely gone. A few months later, I got them again, but I hadn’t been round my cousin or any young children since having them the first time. This time was different though, it was as if they were 10x worse. I eventually told my mum because I couldn’t deal with it anymore. I asked her to comb my hair out and check my hair literally like 10 times. She said every single time that she couldn’t see anything and that nothing was there! I sat there when she combed my hair out once, and I literally saw nothing on the comb. It was as if I was hallucinating them because of this massive amount of anxiety I felt during this period of my life. There would never be anything on the comb, yet I would feel crawling in my hair all the time. Then, one day, they just vanished? They just went. I’ve always questioned whether the second time I had them was real or not? Whenever I get anxious now, I still feel crawling sensations all over my body. I don’t know if I was just so scared of them that it was causing me to see/feel things that weren’t real. If anyone knows what this is, please help:)
1 answer 1