wrong details about car tyre on police charge sheet?

I was charged with a defective tyre on my car. BUT the tyre mentioned on the charge sheet was the wrong tyre. Is this charge legal now?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 months ago

Does your car use tyres? If not then you can get out of it, otherwise, really don't make much difference. The tires go round & round & are round so close enough.

The tyre is still defective no matter the brand name. It is on YOUR car. You are looking for very minute details to get out of the charge. Why? The tyre is defective and the cop was trying to save your life...and you have a problem with THAT?

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • zipper
    Lv 6
    9 months ago

If you can prove the tier is wrong you could beat it in court, I had one were the police put down the wrong car as mine, the judge throw it out of court: GOOD LUCK!

• Erik
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

It probably won't matter.

• 9 months ago

I don't know how it works in your country/county/province, but in mine a Judge would require substantial evidence to prove that the officers testimony was inaccurate. If it's just a he-said-she-said situation the Judge will accept the testimony from the officer stating where the defect was at the time of his inspection.

Also the re-inspect allows inspection of all four tires, so a re-inspect would prevent you from just moving it.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 months ago

You had a defective tire so yes. It doesn't really matter which one was defective.

• 9 months ago

replace, show the judge the receipt and he'll dismiss it, then find the cop who wrote the ticket and kick his ***!

• 9 months ago

Ask the judge when you go to court.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.