Retail akward customer?

Hello All, I have been working at my retail job for just over a year. During that time I have never had any issues with any customers except one.

For some reason every time he drops into the store he gives me a hard time.

Sometimes he just gives me an aggresive stare other times he makes snide remarks or threatening me by saying you better not look at me again and stuff like that.

My question is firstly how should I deal with this? Because I just dread serving him again. And secondly, is this something I should tell the manage?r Or do I just leave it alone and except its part of my job that your going to meet difficult people.

Ask your manager if perhaps someone else can handle this customer (you don't mention the business though, so might not be an option).

• It is part of your job to deal with people, if some one gets upset with you then call your manager.

Yes you should tell your manager about him. You shouldn't let people like that take advantage of you're customer service. Just try to be polite, no matter how hard of a time they're giving you.

Tell your manager that there is a customer that makes you feel unsafe