Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 9 months ago

If a man secretly looks at women in public who all look alike but different from me is it safe to say I'm not his type?

The females he secretly looks at all look very similar but completely different from me and they're mostly his age or younger. He's 25 and I'm 35 and currently 5 months pregnant by him (unfortunately it was an unplanned pregnancy) and he begged to be in a relationship with me and begged for me not to get an abortion. He also claims to want a future with me and when our child is 1-2 years old he wants another child. I feel confused and feel like deep down he doesn't want me.

Have you explained to him how his behavior is making you feel? If he really loves you he will make an effort to stop. Your problem sounds more like you have some insecurities about yourself rather than anything else to be completely honest. Just because he happens to look at another woman is really not a good reason to decide that he doesn't want you.

Maybe he loves you for your personality.

If he truly wanted to be with you for life he'd have proposed marriage. Unless you've got a great job with maximum flexibility you've really put yourself into a perilous situation. I can see why at your age maybe you felt this was your last shot to have a baby. But you picked a guy who's almost certainly not really ready to settle down into conventional parenthood. Only time will tell.

He's in a relationship, not dead.

You may not be exactly and perfectly his "type", but that doesn't mean he doesn't want you or find you attractive. As long as he's only looking, not doing anything else about it, it's... pretty normal for guys to notice other women.

If it bothers you, let him know that you're feeling insecure right now, and you'd appreciate if he'd try to avoid looking at other women while you're with him. Even if he doesn't stop looking, he'll likely know to reassure you that he loves you and wants to be with you, however pretty those other women may be to him.

• keerok

He's yours. Nothing to worry. Just looking.

Maybe it's just your hormones and the kid's too. Maybe you have a baby girl. Too much sensitivity within you. If it were a boy, you'd be punching and kicking him right now whenever he stares at someone else. Hahaha!

• Brian

Put it this way, if a woman likes men who have dark hair, stand 6ft tall and have an athletic build, shes going to notice such men while walking down the street.Does it mean she doesn't love or find her her balding, 5ft 6" husband with his slight pot belly attractive?-No because she has an emotional tie with him, as humans we can't walk around with blinkers on.I think your feeling insecure,put some trust in him unless he does somthing to break that, being jealous will push him away, think about it, how many women describe Johnny Depp as a dream man, while married and in love with a man that looks nothing like him.