Should I continue being patient or should I cut him out completely?

My ex boyfriend and I were in a long distance relationship for a year. We met in person and met our families too. We were both serious about each other but his parents weren't accepting of us because 1) he just graduated dental school in June,2019 and hasn't gotten a job yet, which means he isn't... show more My ex boyfriend and I were in a long distance relationship for a year. We met in person and met our families too. We were both serious about each other but his parents weren't accepting of us because 1) he just graduated dental school in June,2019 and hasn't gotten a job yet, which means he isn't financially stable, 2) the distance didn't make sense to his parents, and 3) our religion and culture does not allow us to date unless we're engaged, which can't happen because his parents don't think he's ready yet. So even if we were to get back together without his parents knowing, there would be no point cuz we know we're gonna want to see each other at some point but we wont be able to. He told me he wants his parent's blessing but wants to take it slow with them and doesn't want me to be in this mess with him so we broke up in June 2019. We ended it on good terms and we still text and call because he told me he still wants to maintain contact. Like I said we still text but he doesn't really show me any feelings towards me anymore and it's frustrating because I still love him and it hurts that he just talks to me casually without talking about us anymore. I've already talked to him about our situation too many times but It doesn't ever get anywhere. I feel that I wanna tell him for the last time that I love talking to him but I also don't feel satisfied when we do talk, but I don't wanna risk losing it all. I don't know what to do!!