Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 8 months ago

Why do people judge others?

Why does everyone try to live up to the bs in our media trying to act like what they see on TV why do people only care about money and judge others look down on people just because they are poor? Be honest

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Angie
    Lv 5
    8 months ago

I think we are all guilty of judging another person. I do it, and I try really hard not to. I think it stems a lot from what we see is acceptable and not acceptable, and that varies greatly from person to person. It's easy to say what we would do or wouldn't do in a situation we aren't in. We laugh and judge others to make ourselves feel better about our own choices. To pat ourselves on the back for being a "better person".

it's difficult not to judge people, especially when the situation seems so cut and dry - like say a mother is rumored to be abusing her children, or a next door neighbor who comes home drunk every night. The truth is - even if it is wrong, it is not our life. We don't know anyone else's story but our own.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 8 months ago

Monkey see, monkey do. People dont know what the hell they're doing, so the copy and idolise what they see in the media, on tv and in movies.

Judging others makes them feel better about themselves. Everyone wants to feel or even just appear like they know the score.

• 8 months ago

Honestly my opinion is that people only do that to others to make themselves feel better out their lives also imagine if media and magazines didnt belittle people easier to control people and divide them imagine if people Actually treated each other with respect what would they have to talk about but real stories also people like drama sad really

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Because we need money. And if you don’t have it, then you’re poor, you can’t fulfill your needs, so people look down on you.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 8 months ago

People judge others because (at least for a moment) it makes them feel better about themselves.

Not everyone tries to live up to the garbage on TV or the internet, but the younger generation will always look up to whatever and whoever is popular. It is not an internet thing (although it does enhance things) but a general things that young people will look to "popular" people as a guiding light

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.