Am I wrong to request a coworker come with me on a business trip?

To start, I am asking all to be kind in your response, or please just don’t answer at all. My boss is sending me on a trip to another state for training. For one, traveling wasn’t anywhere in the contract. I’ve also asked what the job entails and it was not mentioned in the interview by anyone (including the boss... show more To start, I am asking all to be kind in your response, or please just don’t answer at all.

My boss is sending me on a trip to another state for training. For one, traveling wasn’t anywhere in the contract. I’ve also asked what the job entails and it was not mentioned in the interview by anyone (including the boss himself). With that being said alone, I could just say no. But, he is telling me it will benefit me like it did others and I need it for my position since I will be the “expert” in the software. Which brings me to my other issue: I’m going alone. Of course there’s Google to use, but I’ve never done this before in my life and I mentioned it numerous times too. When my other coworkers (who’ve been working in the same position under him for over 10 years) went to this same event, they were accompanied by him. Why can’t he go with me? In addition, I’m still fairly new to this position (6 months). He doesn’t want to go with me even when I told him I prefer for someone to go with me for at least the first trip.

Am I wrong for requesting someone to come with me? Also, am I overreacting for thinking and feeling I’m kind of being taken advantage of?

Please, be nice. Thank you.