best way to quit job effective immediately. (nevada state)?

I have had a job, been there not even 3 months. so no vacation time or anything like that built up. This job has caused me a lot of physical and mental pain (headaches, anxiety, lack of sleep etc). I had an interview that went really well today and have a second interview tomorrow.

I am trying to plan ahead in case I get offered this job. It is a lower stress job, part time..just to give myself a mental break because I have been having panic attacks etc.

The employee handbook states we are "at will" employment. So if i get this job I will be putting in notice effective immediately due to my health. What is the best way to do this...beginning of the day, end of the day on a day off? How would I go about it?

Effective immediately - if you must, do it at the end of the day and preferably, on Friday. Don't be using an excuse such as health. Don't use any excuse. It makes you look worse, going from bad to worse.

Source(s): Certified Paralegal, with 25+ years' experience & with Employment law experience.

When an employee quits or resigns, an employer must pay any earned wages and compensation to the former employee either by the day the employer would have regularly paid the employee or within 7 days of the employee’s last day, whichever is earlier. As with termination, if an employer fails to pay wages and compensation due by that date, then the employer owes the former employee wages and compensation for each day after the employee’s last day, for up to 30 days.

Don't make a big production out of it. If you want to leave, you can leave. You're "at will," which means you're only going to work if you want to. Don't worry about what you'll say, it doesn't matter. You don't owe this company lifetime service (and they don't owe you a lifetime job). If it was in their best interest to terminate you, they would do so promptly. If it's in your best interest to leave for something else, you have the same rights.

If they terminated you, you would want them to treat you with respect. Do the same for them if you want to leave for a different job. Keep in mind that it's a small world, and you never know when you might run into these people again. Nobody's going to disrespect you for trying to better yourself, but they will if you create a bunch of drama. If you can comfortably give a two-week notice, do it. If you have to leave immediately, do it. Just be straightforward and honest. You don't owe anyone any explanation, but again, it's always best to leave with the best relationships possible with everybody. You might meet them again sometime.

• Judy

It's not illegal to leave without giving notice, just very juvenile and rude. You'd also be starting out on a bad note with the new employer, who will wonder why you aren't giving notice and wonder how ethical you are, or if you really got fired.

leave a note saying "i quit"

Once your blood pressure gets high, quit immediately with no effectiveness because YOU WILL DIE FROM STRESS, I would have worked at the air force or anything related to defence or offense since about every year you get promoted and you make good money, with 30-day vacation when you need it, and 50% retirement money! Wow the U.S is on the citizen's side unlike Rome e,e.