Why does my husband ignore me, and yet he is so possessive of me when it comes to other men?

He is a great husband, but marriage has ups and downs.

He considers you a possession rather than a fully fledged human being. Often people go to great extremes to "accomplish" the feat of getting a desired partner. Then once they have that it's on to the next challenge. He's grown complacent and believing he doesn't have to work to keep you.

• Ann

It's called emotional abuse. Turn the tables on him. Go out and get yourself a job and earn your own money. Put it all in a bank account that is only in your name. Make some investments that will earn you interest and some extra money. Get some nice clothes and get a makeover (new hairstyle, new makeup, etc.) Go out to eat by yourself or with some friends. Go on vacations without him. Let him fend for himself, and in effect, "leave him in the dust". Ignore his screaming (because believe me, he will try to up the ante). Move into another bedroom, and act as if he doesn't exist. Then, if he's still around after six months or so, look him in the eye and say, "Now--do you get the fact that I'm an intelligent human being who doesn't need you?" Then, turn around and walk off. Don't let him off the hook.

• boj

Hes supposed to be possessive of you concerning other men..... if he ignores you you should ask him why.

He likes to control you by keeping you anxious around him. Don't buy into any of his nonsense. Ignore him when he is possessive of you and get on with your own life when he ignores you. This way, he might come to see that you are an individual that can function without him. Then, perhaps, he'll be a little more self reflective and stop trying to treat you as a possession. There might be a bit of a breakthrough and your marriage could improve.

He is having an emotional affair at best. Or something more at worst. What a silly question to ask if you were not already feeling the discomfort. "So close together, in the same room, yet so much distance between". Sure he is great, there is no doubt he it.

Its typical male distraction, deflection or projection. Similar models to what are found in theories relating to "cycle of abuse", I am not suggesting you are being abused just giving some things for you to research around if you care.

While your question was bad, you provided no details. I can tell you what you want even if you are a troll or psychotic. If you are a male troll it does not count. You want to be validated, listened to, made to feel sexy/wanted (at least by your partner typically) and noticed. It takes a true psychopath who is female and truly has no interest in those things or a woman who was destroyed by other things (trauma or many things).

He is ignoring you - what do you want? He wants his cake and you. He knows he is emotionally cheating, he knows how it feels and what the signals are. He knows how it happens, whats necessary and the secrecy involved. He isn't stupid - he knows if he keeps you away from others and isolates you he can be the only physical or emotional cheater.

i think Love and care is the solution.if someone ignore you mean he or she have a some problem so find it and fix it with love and care.if my people ignore me i will keep follow them and they cant escape from me easily.i love to do that.

Pray to God and and God will show you why your husband is acting the way that he does as always praying to God never fails

• mokrie

That's not love, that's ownership like a car or a bowling ball.

• .

The thought of losing you is far more exacerbating than the fact of of having you.

Think of something that you've wanted a long time ago. Once you had it, did you really desire it as much after having it for a time?

Last week you claimed that he was a great husband!