What are advantages/disadvantages going to homogeneous sex (all girls or all boys) high school compare to mixed-sex school to the student?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Cu Tie
    Lv 7
    9 months ago
    Favourite answer

It depends on the student. My sister and her neighbor are a good example of this. My sister was a year older than the neighbor, and she went to a private, all-girls high school in Pennsylvania, while the neighbor went to the local public high school in South Jersey.

The neighbor got so much more attention than my sister because he was a star football player at the local high school, while my sister was 4'11" and 98 pounds.

However, during my sister's senior year of high school, she took 3 AP courses,  worked during the weekends, got inducted to the National Honor Society, and scored a perfect 5 on the AP Calculus AB exam. In addition, my sister played her only year of football that fall, and outperformed the neighbor (who was a high school junior that year) on the football field.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 8 months ago

advantage can be better focus and more, disadvantage you are ignorant how the other gender operates. socially speaking if either gender is balanced either school will do. focus on learning and learning to be social is a good plus.

• 9 months ago

Research shows that boys do better in single-sex schools- less distraction.

• 9 months ago

Shattered t love

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.