Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 5 months ago

Should I ask for less hours as an unpaid intern or just quit?

Its interfering with my school big time.

I want to ask for 5 hours a week. Whats a decent number to ask for though?

Favorite Answer

How many hours are you working as an unpaid intern now? You definitely want to balance both school and your internship as both are important for getting a career in the future. If you have to decrease one a bit to make time for the other then you should do so.

If you ask for ONLY 5 hours a week, you DID just quit.

Well don't you think your future job like my family all seemed to do better because of having that listed of the internship and schooling or certified papers to which the caretakers and physical therapist and neurologist which our family did and then you might say would it be worth it and figure out a plan on what you want and maybe not quit but maybe change or post pone things well setting new goles to re-set and that is sometimes what we need to do.

You learn by doing. Internships are important. Don't be a quitter. Many of us work fulltime and go to school.

Internships are supposed to be a LEARNING EXPERIENCE to ENHANCE your school/college experience. If you don't get any CREDIT from this so called internship...and you are not receiving any monetary compensation and it is interfering with your normal studies...WHY ARE YOU EVEN ASKING THIS QUESTION?

I use to work in college. Evenings and then weekends. It didn't interfere. I got PAID. I learned I DIDN'T WANT to DO THAT JOB.

• abby

internship IS school . you are there to learn .