Math based Astronomy Textbook?

I am taking an astronomy course at my university which is heavily math based since I am in a Science program. They ask us a lot of math based questions on assignments but don’t give us a lot of math based questions to do. Do you know of any good math based astronomy textbook or book (preferably not too expensive) that I could use to practice with and that come with answers? I am finding lots of textbooks online but it is hard to determine what questions they ask since they don’t usually give you any previews of the books. Questions should include:

-Orbital radius

-Angular diameter

-Orbital period and semi major axis

-Blackbody radiation

-Light based questions such as wavelength

-Orbital speeds and escape velocities

-Star brightness

-etc

Thanks in advance for the help!

• Nyx

You might try this.

https://www.amazon.com/Students-Guide-Mathematics-...

Or this, which is older (1980), but covers more generalized equations.

https://www.amazon.com/Mathematical-Astronomy-Amat...

Go to Amazon and look for a very old edition of Halliday & Resnick's "Fundamentals of Physics." The topics you mention are included in problems and examples there, and you can buy the book for under $10 (if you choose a used copy of an old enough edition), maybe even under $5.

In my 1988 edition, uniform circular motion is covered in chapter 4 ("Motion in a Plane"), also check out chapter 11 ("Rotational Motion"). All of chapter 15 ("Gravity") would be relevant to you, as well as parts of chapter 38 ("Electromagnetic Waves") and chapter 39 ("Geometric Optics"). As your course moves along, it might also get into diffraction (see chaps 40 and 41).

Youtube likely has worked out problems on all those areas.