Is this swelling normal for an Industrial piercing?

I got my industrial done this past Friday. Friday, Saturday and Sunday it wasnt swollen like this and then on Monday and today it looks like this. I've been cleaning it 2 to 3 times a day with either a sea salt soak or H2Ocean and not sleeping on it or touching it. I'm just wondering if this is normal or do I need to go back to my piercer?

That looks normal to me. For me, my industrial piercing had a similar story - it had little swelling for the first few days, and then during the whole second week I had it the swelling was at its worst. Industrial piercings tend to be a little temperamental, so experiencing swelling and redness during a good chunk of the healing process is not uncommon. Just make sure you're still cleaning it, doing a saline/salt soak a couple times a day, and leaving it alone as much as possible. 

Source(s): I have 28 piercings, including an industrial piercing!
  • Laura

This is very normal.

Be sure to do soaks with your sea salt solution or h2ocean, just spraying the solution on the piercing is not good enough. Use a sterile gauze pad and the h2ocean or sterile saline spray. Saturate a gauze pad and hold it on both sides of the upper piercing, with a fresh clean gauze pad used for the lower piercing. Soak your piercing like this for 5 - 10 mins. Do this twice a day. Cleaning your piercing any more than 2 times a day can cause issues from over cleaning.

i would go see your doctor and get it checked out

For flesh eating bacteria it is.