Is having significantly older parents a disadvantage to having younger parents?

I feel that older parents are often much more disconnected with the current world and current trends and don't understand how to properly parent their child to live in the current world. They teach their children outdated things and outdated beliefs that don't necessarily hold true today as fact, even when... show more I feel that older parents are often much more disconnected with the current world and current trends and don't understand how to properly parent their child to live in the current world. They teach their children outdated things and outdated beliefs that don't necessarily hold true today as fact, even when it's not at all factual today and are more out of touch so to speak. And by older, I mean parents who have their first child at age 40+ and by the time their children are malleable to be taught things about the world and in school, they are 50+