Can I still take my landlord to court after I cash the check sent for my security deposit?

She didn't send our full security deposit back. She ended up taking out $850.00 & listed why she took this much out. On the back of the check she wrote paid in full above where I need to sign to cash it. If I cash it, does this mean I've lost my rights to take her to court? There was no need to take... show more She didn't send our full security deposit back. She ended up taking out $850.00 & listed why she took this much out. On the back of the check she wrote paid in full above where I need to sign to cash it. If I cash it, does this mean I've lost my rights to take her to court? There was no need to take $850.00 out of our security deposit. We should have got the entire deposit back because we left no damage & left the place clean.