Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 months ago

Christians why do you deny Evolution ? You religion has too much inconsistency?

Okay so i am a scientist and ex-christian. Tbh the religion makes no sense to me. Here is why

1. There is no proof of a global flood as stated in the bible

2.Evolution is a proven fact these days. I dare u prove me wrong and i will practice abrahamic religion

3. Prove to me that the earth is 6000 years old

I know u will call me a troll and be hateful that is becuz you have no answer to my questions. JOIN ME IN THE TRUTH

I have had a good scientific education in high school and college. The fact is that there is no evidence to indicate that it is even possible for one species of life to change into another species of life.

• Carym

The plain truth is that DNA bears the Name of the Designer. The Law of Information states that information cannot just pop up by itself---that every piece of information requires a sender (Source).

• Carym

Christians reflect their Saviour. That's what sets us all apart, 'our values' just so you know...
      So, apart from your 'complete randomness, dormant soul, and pseudoscience,' what other demons are you struggling with?

No proof of a global flood, yet every culture has a record of one. The pyramids show water covered them. Fish found on mountain tops. Do scientists always ignore history and go with their blind theories?

• And the Egyptian civilization is one of those that went through the time the mythical biblical flood was supposed to have occurred without realizing that they were supposed to be drowning.

• Say again, seems to me that according to this statement that evolution is missing something.

• How about actually LEARNING about how science ACTUALLY works instead of posting crap from creationist sources.

Evolution makes accurate predictions all the time. You just don't understand how it actually works.

All of the evidence supports evolution, NOT your myths.

No need to deny Evolution.

No one can even make it out without logical invalidity and contradiction of reason.

You certainly can't.

So somebody is leading you by the nose, which from what you write is not too difficult at all!

• Why don't you provide some examples of the logical invalidity and contradiction of reason that you constantly say are hallmarks of evolution?

I have asked you to do so several times but you never do.

I can prove you there was a global Flood. How? Through Torah. Torah proves earth can be covered with water & it is by someone who Knew earth... 

Torah also says lands are joined like continents are now & oceans exist. Other Jewish Books (Never any other Book in world said so in any other place/religion) explain earth is round/sphere & hanging upon nothing. Torah even says circumcise in 8th day which is when bleeding stops in baby boys.. Or many medical truths in Torah like viruses Or New viruses or boiling water cleans Or vegetables are better Or milk is source of Teeths [Calcium] or etc..

later airplanes like Eagle used in transferring troops/ppl... etc...The science never disproved Global Flood. If polar ices melt, it will cover all earth. Tallest mountains? They don't know.. There are Big oceans under earth which I remember one big discovered in 2007, or something.. 

1. There is no proof of a global flood as stated in the bible. False.

Nearly every ancient civilization that we know of in history has a reference to a great flood in their own historical writings. Check your resources.

2.Evolution is a proven fact these days. False.

"Evolution" is still referred to as the Theory of Evolution." Scientific proof is acquired through Scientific Method, and no one can duplicate all the physical properties and conditions extant on Earth from evolution s claim of 6 million years or more. Evolutionary scientists have deemed that a "preponderance of evidence" is sufficient for "proof," even though it is based on a biased view, supposition, and wishful thinking. Evolution remains to be an unproven theory. I dare u prove me wrong and i will practice Abrahamic religion

3. Prove to me that the earth is 6000 years old. Arguably true!

Of the few written histories which claim to take us back to Earth's origins, sacred scripture (Bible) contains dozens of family trees that are followed throughout the entire term of life on Earth, up to the time of Christ. After the time of Christ, history is well recorded. But these genealogies, when added up, are what provide Believers with an approximate Earth age of 6,000 years. I believe the current year in the Israelite Lunar Calendar is 5,758. Please consider all of this as you research the Abrahamic religions.

• Jennifer

Even secular evolutionists admit there was a "significant event" that caused things like the Cambrian, etc. A flood makes the most sense for that, but they won't say the word.

• Paul

Christians don't deny evolution. Fundamentalist Protestants do, because their biblical misinterpretations often conflict with scientific facts. Jesus Christ founded one Church, said it was to remain one, and promised that one Church the fullness of God's truth until the end of time. Therefore, as you would expect, the teaching of that one Church (which includes well over half of all Christians) never conflicts with natural truths revealed by science. Truth cannot conflict with truth.

Catholic biologist

• travelingwithwife

Hello, Paul.  Please explain the steps involved with a creature of a certain number of chromosomes changing into a different creature with a different number of chromosomes.  Show me the steps in DNA replication or other process that it involves.  Thanks in advance.  If you don't know, tell me.

There is macroevolution, which no one has observed, and microevolution, which most people have observed.

Credentialed, experienced peer-reviewed, working scientists have questioned macroevolution, which is described here, along with their reasons for their questions. Among them are about 1000 scientists with relevant scholarship, who spoke up publicly about their reluctance to accept Darwinian evolution as it is commonly described in many textbooks:

https://evolutionnews.org/2015/07/microevolution/

https://www.sott.net/article/407042-Over-1000-scie...

However, truth cannot be found from voting for or against an idea. The overwhelming majority of scientists who went through currently accepted university programs do not accept that God directly created humans.

But my faith, which DOES accept it, has spoken up against the validity of the theory of evolution for many years, in fact, a few decades after the first printing of Origin of Species. "The Photo Drama of Creation" was one of the first picture and sound presentations to be produced, reaching about 9 million people in theatre halls around the world., and it championed the idea of the direct creation of humans by God.

The basic tenets of Christianity and faith in God are incompatible with the theory of Evolution. Jesus Christ himself advocated faith in his Father as the Creator of the first man and woman, when he said:

Matthew 19:4, 5

4 In reply he said: “Have you not read that the one who created them from the beginning made them male and female 5 and said: ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and his mother and will stick to his wife, and the two will be one flesh’?' "

Christianity is based on the belief that Jesus' death is a ransom from the sin and death that we suffer due to the rebellion of Adam and Eve. (Matthew 20:28, 1 Corinthians 3:5) If that is not true, and we came from lower animals, instead of being directly created by God, then the entire idea of faith in Christ is negated. But the Bible says "In ADAM all are dying, but in CHRIST all will be made alive." (1 Corinthians 15:22)

So instead of believing everything that I hear, I will rely on a much older and better documented source of information, the Bible, and its champion and author Almighty God.

If anyone would question me about documentation for my acceptance of direct creation, I would ask questions based on five main points:

1. How did life begin?

2. Is any form of life really simple?

3. Where did the instructions come from?

4. Has all life descended from a common ancestor?

5. Is it reasonable to believe the Bible?

These are simple questions, but ones (especially the first four) that evolutionists are not able to empirically, experimentally, conclusively answer.

The fifth question is often answered based on misunderstandings, points taken out of context, and misconceptions, but it is approached here in a reasonable and logical way as well.

You may guess that the answers to these questions are a part of a pretty remarkable study book from Jehovah's Witnesses. It is called "The Origin of Life - 5 Questions Worth Asking". A link to the book, with its beautiful cover depicting the DNA molecule, is below. A second link there is a direct link to its bibliography of peer-reviewed papers and books written by scientists with relevant expertise.

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/books/origin-of...

These days it is not hard to find qualified scientists who question the validity of the theory of evolution.

Recently I listened to two YouTube videos on the subjects discussed in the first two questions. The authors/speakers are not Jehovah's witnesses, but they approach the same questions with uniquely honed expertise in these subjects. I am adding these videos as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zU7Lww-sBPg

Youtube thumbnail

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1_KEVaCyaA

Youtube thumbnail

&t=147s

Source(s): This article shows WHY Evolution is incompatible with the Bible and Christianity. Is Evolution Compatible with the Bible? https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2008006?q=is+t...
    • Roberta B

Madam, not according to scientists who use those terms in textbooks and scientific papers. Jehovah's Witnesses did not invent the terms.

In addition to Q's 1), 2), 3), we might add Gods Problems, 4), which is how the Bible fails to adequately explain human pain and suffering. So signally severe we gave it a term. Theodicy. More accurately, theodicies, due to the large number of volumes published.

A subset of Apologetics that deals with our profound personal suffering in a world created by a kind powerful loving god. Theodicies. The most common root cause for religious folk turning atheist or apostate.