Would you ignore a child whose kicking the wall?

I did this at one point in the quiet room at school when I was six years old and my teachers basically just ignored it and I eventually stopped once I realized that they weren't coming back in. However when I did this at home my stepmother came in immediately and told me to stop kicking the wall ( the wall at my house didn't feel very strong so she was probably afraid I'd kick a hole in the wall). As for the question well I think it depends on how strong the wall is, For example if it's a strong wall then in that case yes I definitely agree with ignoring it. If It's the type of wall that can be damaged easily then no I wouldn't ignore it because if they end up damaging the wall then that's bad. So do you agree with ignoring behavior like this?

• Logan

They ignored you because they knew you'd stop if you weren't getting attention for it. If I was your step mother I'd have let you kick a hole in the wall and then made you learn how to replaster it. Useful skill in the long run but you also wouldn't be kicking any more holes in walls.

• Charlie5 months agoReport

Yeah but she'd be the one paying for the equipment to fix the wall since I wouldn't have had any money for the equipment. My teachers case was a little different because in that case the wall was strong so I wouldn't have been able to damage it anyway. Yeah I realize that that's why they ignored it.

No.. I would take a belt to the little brat's butt, then put him to bed.

Yes i ignore all human beings even if they are little

No, I would not - we do not treat property disrespectfully.

They would also help repair whatever damage was caused.

• Charlie5 months agoReport

I agree that It's not good to disrespect property but in this case I think it depends on how strong the wall is. For example the wall in the quiet room at my school was too strong for me to damage it anyway but at my house it was definitely a different story.

No, the real problem is you don't have any activity or do something useful for your parents and yourself, instead of making a lot of noise inside your room. kicking a wall is too childish for your age.

• Charlie5 months agoReport

I don't kick walls anymore, this was something I did when I was six.

• Bob

Personally, it would depend on the situation and I wouldn't automatically say anything to a child who's kicking a wall but, god help me, I can NEVER miss an opportunity to say something when I encounter people online who don't know the difference between whose and who's.

I might, depending on the circumstances. If I did intervene, it would be in a minimal way. I'd pick up the child or quietly escort them to a safe place for them to continue to express their frustration.