Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferencePrimary & Secondary Education · 5 months ago

Is reading comprehension is at the 12th grade level and math at 6th grade level in 3rd grade will she be placed in the gifted program?

Oh I do have the written expression scoring but our district just uses reading and math for the gate program. They don’t look at science, history, language, and those scores. I will post the rest of the report when I get home. I agree that the math isn’t as obvious until she gets older. They don’t do pre algebra in 3rd grade for example at least in my district. And she likes reading and writing better than math.

Favorite Answer

Probably. But we went to private school after our child was told in public school "We can't teach her any more this year so we want her to assist the teacher in teaching other children".

Probably. But the math thing doesn't matter. The difference between 6th and 3rd grade math is that you count to 1000 in the 6th grade, but only to 100 in the 3rd.

Her other achievements will be taken into consideration. For example, 12th grade Reading Comprehension requires the ability to compose and write at length. 6th Grade Math requires an depth consideration of all Math topics.

Any IQ or achievement testing before the age of 12 is not reliable.  Edit: can your daughter read a young adult novel, say up to 200 pages?