Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 5 months ago

Is it common for women to be afraid of men?

My girlfriend says that she turned me down at first because she was afraid I’d mistreat her. Why would I?

• falcon

She probably had a tough time growing up her father probably was mean ,violent person . It is her issue to solve send her to a shrink before she will bring babies to this beautiful world

Yes. I certainly am.

• Logan

Parents use scare tactics to make girls wary of being alone or in relationships so they don't get attacked or abused. Some men are absolute trash and need to be thrown in a volcano because they will do bad stuff to women. It's easier to be wary than it is to not worry about it and end up raped in an alley or stuck in an abusive relationship.

This is her issue, not yours. There's likely something in her past that makes her mistrust males.

"Is it common for women to be afraid of men?"

I suppose it can be. But if so many women are afraid of men in general, as several answers here state they are, then that would really signal a natural dis-belief in equality by women. How can women EVER be equal to men if they are completely afraid of them as an entire group? I'm going to believe that the sample of women answering here is not representative of the outside population.

And the idea of being afraid of men, just because they are men is sexist at its very core. Just like many people used to be afraid of Blacks just because they were Blacks back in the 1950's and 60's ... and that is racist of course.

We got over this kind of thing. We have been here before. It wasn't the RACE of the person. It was the particular individual and the circumstances one finds themselves in with any particular individual. And it's the same thing with MEN. It's not simply all men that should therefore be judged by sex (sexism). Everyone is an indivdiual. So women (just like men) need to always be aware of their circumstances and understand that any indivdiual --can-- be potentially dangerous.

.

men are raping in record levels.

• Elana

Media LOVE to broadcast and rebroadcast violence with injury. Yes, women may attack men, but when men don't get visibly injured, media can't convey the pathos.

But men hurting women? Absolutely.

So women are steeped in the narrative that men hurt women and women should be afraid of them.

• y

Previous bad experiences and or, buying into to the current talking points. The first would be a legitimate reason while the second, is not.

It is common for us women to be wary of men, especially since (at least in my experience) men like to feel in control and like to embarrass and humiliate and lord it over women. I have never had a boyfriend who didn't think that if I dated him, I was required to obey anything he said, do anything he said, and submit to any public humiliation he wanted to dish out, and then just smile when he and his friends laughed about it. And I have never met a guy whose goal was to have sex, and all his efforts toward friendship were to get me to have sex with him, and tell me that birth control was my responsibility, not his. If you act like the guys on the Hallmark movies, who are interested in doing things (besides sex) with a woman, like as a friend, then you might develop a trusting relationship. But don't expect her to just hop in your car and go somewhere with you, and not expect that you will try to seduce her and dump her on the side of the road.

Because a big portion of men are women abusers.

Peace.

• No they are not. Quit listening to fake news by feminazis.