Should I report fraud?

I work at a car dealership and my boss is buying new cars at a large loss. A few months later he trades them in paying himself more than he paid originally. He then takes another huge loss on the next new vehicle. He’s taking just shy of $8,000 each time he does this. I think everyone is too afraid to say anything.

Let's see...

There is a dealership that sells cars. Somewhere along the line the dealership purchased the cars...

- the dealership is out the money for this purchase

Your boss (who isn't the owner) then personally purchases the car other by using personal funds or through another company.

- So the dealership has a loss and "your boss" is out of the money he used to buy this car.

Then the dealership re-purchases the car for more than "your boss" sold it to himself for

- thus paying himself back + creating a little extra... Now he has more money in his personal pocket.

But the dealership (owner) is out the loss + the price it paid for the car back.

Now what happens? Does the dealership sell the car for more than they paid for the re-purchase??

Where's the fraud?

Of course, the owner, knows what's going on.

Now back to your comments to Bo:

"So those losses are reflected in my pay checks! So he’s stealing from the owner and all the sales employees."

What are you talking about? You are paid on commission which means you are paid when you sell a car.

- you didn't sell this car. you didn't have anything to do with this transaction. it doesn't impact your commission one-penny. If you get less commission when you sell these cars because there is less profit, direct your customers to cars that provide you higher commission.

I doubt you have the first clue what you are talking about. The controller would catch this and would have reported it long ago.

• Robert9 months agoReport

It’s black and white, it’s right on the deal recap. My only guess as to why it’s allowed it to reach bonuses from the manufacturer.

Yes, but make sure ALL of your ducks are in-a-row.

• Snezzy

You work for a dealership and that's the only thing you've seen that looks shady?

• Robert9 months agoReport

Yes.

• VAA

If there is a way to do so without implicating yourself, yes. Make sure you have the goods tho before doing so. Good luck.

• bo

you talk you might find yourself out of a job. his business not yours keep your mouth shut

• Snezzy

According to a salesman I know, there is no such thing as an unemployed salesman. Also, to inreace your commission pay, increase your sales. Check out Tom Hopkins: http://www.tomhopkins.com

Many of us have been victims of Internet-based scams and fraud attempts, but all too often, we don't end up reporting anything because we are either ashamed of ourselves for having fallen for a scam or we just think that there is just so much of it going on in the world that we figure it's pointless to try and do anything about it.