lily asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 9 months ago

How offensive is the soviet flag, what are peoples opinions of proudly standing under the soviet flag.?

hello ! if you are going to respond to this please put where you are from!.

Okay so im doing a speech on why the soviet union should reunite and why Australia should join. It is mainly for comedic purposes however my school is also having a red themed costume day. I'm planning to wear a soviet flag as a shall.

This is clearly not very... politically correct. I can back up my viewpoints on why I support many aspects of communism.

To me the soviet flag is no more hatful then say the British flag.

I don't want to offend, however, I don't want to be to policitally correct and I don't mind a slight controversy.

I have a couple of russian teachers and a polish one. Thanks!

• ?

Good question!!

Communism is a crap sh!thole soviet ideology that ruined Eastern Europe and people like you. We must discourage it. It was all Lenin's fault, but now Russia has no communism. This ideology made Russia more backwards, racist, sexist and homophobic.

Seems like you are from Russia or Eastern Europe who loves the foolish communist ideology. Soviet flag is a joke, not an offense.

Source(s): South Asian
  • TB12

Being of the Cold War generation,, having grown up in a military family during the Cold War,, having served in the military during the Cold War, to me the Soviet flag is the flag of my enemy,,,, no way in hell I would stand for it.

But if you're using it in a comedic sort of way,, nothing wrong with that,, it is the flag of a defeated nation after all.

• lily9 months agoReport

Thank you :)

The hammer stands for the crushing of the people, and the sickle for the cutting down of anyone that disagrees ,and the red is for their blood -- so what do you think?

Then in that case how about the American flag to us Europeans... or many of us in South Africa. Like every flag may have its history but its nothing really special.

Source(s): Swedish Finnish atheist
    • hungryjoe

I have stood proudly under Old Glory - as it burned!
      Oh and just a reminder Joe in Texas, you guys turned up three bloody years LATE for BOTH of the World Wars! So less of the "If it wasn’t for the United States..."

Take out the hammer and sickle and.....

The People's Flag is deepest red,

It shrouded oft our martyred dead,

And ere their limbs grew stiff and cold,

Their hearts' blood dyed its every fold.

Then raise the scarlet standard high.

Beneath its shade we'll live and die,

Though cowards flinch and traitors sneer,

We'll keep the red flag flying here.

In this world fast sliding into chaotic international kleptocracy we could all use a bit of socialism, brothers and sisters!

Source(s): Brit

The soviet flag is not offensive. It's not like the Nazi flag (which American white supremacists still wave).

Stalin and Mao killed more people than Hitler.

Your generation were purposely kept ignorant of the human rights abuses, prison camps, and millions who died at the hands of communists.

Your socialist teachers hid the truth from you

Your openly Communist college professors certainly didn’t enlighten you.

No one ever says Fascism is a great idea and Hitler just got it wrong.

No one wants to try Fascism again.

Why would anyone want to repeat the horrors of communism?

Is it the poverty and starvation that inevitably results from Communism that you like?

Or is it the idea of gulags, prison camps and public execution that appeals to you.

Is your generation to be the one that destroys America by communist rot from the inside?

• hungryjoe

You Scandinavians are not subjected to the rapacious capitalism that afflicts those in the USA. The amazing thing is that they are so cowed and indoctrinated that they cannot see it - like Joe in Texas here!