How offensive is the soviet flag, what are peoples opinions of proudly standing under the soviet flag.?

hello ! if you are going to respond to this please put where you are from!. Okay so im doing a speech on why the soviet union should reunite and why Australia should join. It is mainly for comedic purposes however my school is also having a red themed costume day. I'm planning to wear a soviet flag as a... show more hello ! if you are going to respond to this please put where you are from!.

Okay so im doing a speech on why the soviet union should reunite and why Australia should join. It is mainly for comedic purposes however my school is also having a red themed costume day. I'm planning to wear a soviet flag as a shall.

This is clearly not very... politically correct. I can back up my viewpoints on why I support many aspects of communism.
To me the soviet flag is no more hatful then say the British flag.
I don't want to offend, however, I don't want to be to policitally correct and I don't mind a slight controversy.
I have a couple of russian teachers and a polish one. Thanks!