Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsOther - Diseases · 9 months ago

colon cancer at 21?

So I am 21 year old female and I’ve had roughly 3 anal fissures in the past year and I’ll wipe and there will

Be a bit of blood, this only happens when I have the fissures. Sometimes my stool is like dark so is that possibly dry blood? I’m also anaemic And my doctors don’t know why, I’m not celiac or anything either, but I do have Graves’ disease and a weakened immune system because of that so I’m just wondering if all of this could be linked to colon cancer or rectal cancer i don’t smoke, relatively healthy diet, sometimes I might not get enough water or fibre

I’m very distressed and don’t know what to do so please if you have any suggestions on what I should do I’ll be very grateful thank you :)

• Pippin

The doctors should be able to test your stool for occult blood. Though if you are anemic and on iron supplements, those can cause dark stools. (They can also cause constipation, which can result in the fissueres and/or hemorroids.)

Colon cancer is virtually non-existent in 21 year olds. But there could certainly be other issues going on in your intestines or colon. Talk to your doctor. Ask for a referral to a gastroenterologist. If there IS evidence of blood in your stool that's not from the fissures, he may recommend a colonoscopy to take a look inside.

• Mike G

Of course it's cancer. Who needs a diagnosis from an actual doctor?