Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 2 months ago

How do I feel better when I’m sad?

What are some way I can feel better when I feel unhappy?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago
    Best answer

Don’t talk to yourself in negative ways and count your blessings.

• 2 months ago

Eat chinese and drink pepsi. Watch a good movie "You got mail".

• 2 months ago

Get some hobbies.

When ever you feel sad do them.

It will make you forget it.

• 2 months ago

take a moment to look at the beauty of creation and talk to our Creator in prayer. Throw your burden on Him.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

go to my youtube account and explore my playlist lol music... i have 100 percent good music... !

• 2 months ago

Perhaps you feel truer to your nature

By looking sad when you feel sad

Thanks for being honest with yourself.

Thanks

Very Best Wishes

Mars

Source:) Refreshingly honest.

• 2 months ago

Think of people who you can help.

• Andy C
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Realize that moods are serial (temporary) and hope that the next one will be happy.

Make a cup of tea.

Try to make a joke or see the humor in whatever situation that has you down.

Eat a diet high in tryptophan and not just phenylalanine and tyrosine AKA more fish and poultry (eggs too) and less corn-fed beef/pork.

99% of your body's serotonin is in your gut and blood, but NONE can pass the brain/blood barrier, so all brain serotonin must be made by the brain, and tryptophan is the building blocks of serotonin.

The same chemical 'bus' transports both tryptophan and phenylalanine THROUGH the barrier.

If more 'busses' are filled with phenylalanine, fewer are available for tryptophan to make its way to the brain.

Phenylalanine and tyrosine are used to make dopamine and a dopamine imbalance leads to addiction and depression.

Source(s): "The Hacking of the American Mind" by Dr. Robert Lustig, M.D.
  • Nunya
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

Taking a cold shower is proven to shock your brain into being awake. It also promotes chemicals that make feel in a better mood all day.

Doing exercise releases Seratonin. It is a chemical your body makes that makes you feel happy. You could go for a swim, a walk, a run, ride a bike.

Try to make yourself cry. Sometimes you have a lot of emotional baggage that is built up in there. It is affecting your mood all day. The next time you feel like crying go for it. You get it all out and you will feel calmer after.

Take "Magnesium" daily. I remember reading that over 60% of all adults suffer from Magnesium deficiency. Not only does Magnesium help keep your brain and muscles healthy, but it also helps promote more positive nutrients for your brain. It will help you feel less depressed. Great for people suffering from depression.

Singing and listening to music also helps reduce stress and gives you a better mood.

• 2 months ago

talk to someone who cares about u.

u can stay at ur close friend's house

• 2 months ago

I find two things help. One is exercise. Go for a long walk, or better yet, a bike ride. The other is a 'change of scenery', like going somewhere you've never been, or at least not in a while.

What I do sometimes is an 'urban hike'. Ride my motorcycle to The City, go for a 2-mile (or so) walk on a business street, looking at windows, at people, etc.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.