Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 2 months ago

Why do women have such horrible double standards?

They are free to murder a baby without even telling the father anything at all, and can do so simply because she doesn't want to be held responsible for her own actions. Yet men have absolutely no say in the matter. Some women have abortions left and right when the guy wants a kid, but the second he says no don't want it, she tags him with Dr bills and child support and feeds off of his hard work and money to support a child she was originally going to abort as a symbol of self empowerment, but when its not just her choice and idea the script is flipped. A man can face prison for not accepting his responsibilities, but a woman is free to do as she wishes. How backwards is that? You can kill my baby because you don't want to have a kid even when you have unprotected sex without any action to reduce chances of becoming pregnant, and can collect child support from multiple men at once to care for your neglected kids while you scream out that there is an inequality between the sexes..... Yes. Yes there is. Women already have superior powers rights and freedoms. How sad. One of the worst doubles standards on earth. Its HER responsibility to take HER OWN precautions for HER actions, yet the ultimate outcome leeches on the men who have no say one way or the other. If a man walks away its a horrible thing, but when a woman aborts the baby, its seen as a righteous self empowered act to be praised....... Pathetic.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Best answer

It isn't just about abortions. Women have double standards on and are hypocritical about almost everything!

• 2 months ago

• 2 months ago

Such bipartisan policy of girls is a genetic problem. It was in the past, now in the present, but in the future. There is no solution. The dog's tail is never straight.

• 2 months ago

I agree. Women have more rights than men because of everything you said. Women can abort their baby all they want but men absolutely cannot tap out if the woman decides to have the child.

#FeministDoubleStandards

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

All I know is, the Bible supports abortion and it's not for a mere woman to question God's authority on the matter.

• DKG
      Lv 6
      2 months agoReport

How does a fictional character have authority?

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Deranged angry lying. Women are always going to have ultimate authority over their own bodies and there is nothing you can do about it. Even if you make it illegal it won't stop us. Die mad about it.

• joe2 months agoReport

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA GET IT ATHIEST EVANGELIST!! YOU UNDERSTAND!!

• 2 months ago

Some things in life are not fair. This is one of those rare ones that actually doesn't favor men, and some seem to get upset by that because they have little to no control of the situation.

Life is like that. Women have been forced to deal with that in many other things throughout history that men demanded they have the control of. You're just going to have to do what women have had to do for eons... just deal with it.

Don't want a kid? Then take personal responsibility and all the extra precautions, etc you can to ensure that it doesn't happen. Don't know someone enough to know for 100% that they're on birth control? Then don't sleep with them or take responsibility yourself to prevent it.

You don't have the power of any say in what happens after the fact if pregnancy occurs, but men have plenty of personal power for their own personal health and welfare and doing all they can to prevent it from happening.

• If that's what you're going with, then you clearly support abstinence-only and theres no reason as to why a woman cant be abstinent if she fears getting pregnant. It's your argument anyway.

• Elana
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You're right, it isn't fair.

There are LOTS of things about life that aren't fair, but the hope is that it at least somewhat evens out. I'll put off the discussion of abortion/murder etc, but we'll just leave it as she has better control over her ability to reproduce than you do because of both biology and law. I would love to see "legalized paternal surrender", which would make things somewhat fairer. And yes, the legal system is generally stacked against men.

On the other hand, women have spent generations being evaluated almost exclusively on their physical appearance, over attributes they have no real control over. And when they DO control them (e.g. makeup), get accused of being fake. If you want to deal with that, I'm pretty sure women would happily let men deal with that for awhile.

I personally think menses is annoying, but it isn't the end of the world. On the other hand, many women have vastly different experiences. It's also annoying recognizing that your mood is controlled by events but also by hormones. Pretty sure women would happily let men deal with that for awhile too.

It's easy to use the term "double standard", but you haven't gone through any sort of reproduction cycle as a woman, so you really don't have anything to compare to. Nor do women really understand how uncomfortable it is for men to not know if the kid is theirs, not have any power to be with something they are told they should love, etc. There are many women who blithely assume that it is their God-given right to have the children they want with the father's they want and the partners they want, and they are usually in for a rude surprise when they find out that guys can simply up and leave them. Perhaps he is violating the law, but that doesn't put food on the table.

Your "abortion is murder" argument falls on deaf ears simply because you will never experience what it is like to gestate. There are some women who love it, but most deal with it only because they want children and the idea of being forced to suffer through 9 months of biological ... there is no word for it, so we'll just go with "hell" just because somebody else says NOT dealing with it is murder is, for many, a non-starter. You want there to be a bright line of conception, and for people who actually go through this, there just isn't.

Moreover, you are asking somebody to surrender their body to the state (which is to say, do what the state mandates for the health of the fetus) for 9 months. If everything is tied around the health of the baby, she can't smoke, she can't drink, she shouldn't get in a car etc because that increases the probability of the baby dying.

I highly doubt I'll be able to convince you that abortion is a horrible but never-the-less inevitable solution in many cases, but it isn't going away. The best you can do is turn people who are forced to do it into criminals who perform it unsafely in ways that may cause not only the fetus to die, but also the mother. Will you really consider that winning?

I continue to believe that abortion should be safe, legal and RARE. If I can put words in your mouth, you think it should be illegal, but you really don't address the realities of how often it should happen. Presumably you would like it to never happen, but sorry, that is not the planet we live on.

The sooner you figure that out, the sooner you'll be able to have a reasonable conversation to reduce the frequency in a safe way.

• joe2 months agoReport

OK so if you have a solid walnut desk, and a pinewood desk that has been planed, stained, and finished so that it LOOKS like its walnut...... Is it a fake walnut desk or not? That is what makeup does. Makes women LOOK better than they actually are. Masks their natural look. I.e. fake.

• 2 months ago

If you want a say, marry the mother. You can't have it both ways.

• 2 months ago

🥴 Abortion is not murder.

Growing seeds are not yet living humans.

It's not the same thing.

If men want a say in aborting a baby, practice abstinence. Because you're an absolute moron for sleeping with women you KNOW have a 50% chance of wanting to abort.

You're basically giving your consent.

How about you seek out baby hungry women? That will also give you a say.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.