What would it be considered? Would it be good to date if the time comes?

I was talking to this girl and we would hang out, this was in maybe a span of 2 years. We stopped talking for a while and never asked her if she wanted to be my girlfriend although we both liked each other. A couple months pass by and we started talking again and turns out she was already dating another person so... show more I was talking to this girl and we would hang out, this was in maybe a span of 2 years. We stopped talking for a while and never asked her if she wanted to be my girlfriend although we both liked each other. A couple months pass by and we started talking again and turns out she was already dating another person so we definitely stopped talking. But it hurt a little more than I thought. What were we? I feel like we are going to cross paths again what should I do if it does happen? Should I consider talking to her again and asked her to be my girlfriend if I still like her?
0