Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 9 months ago

G-d??? When ever I write this word in the YA site, some people have an issue with it, stating something like ... Why can't you spell the?

whole word? Why do people have to be so ignorant and insensitive, that Some people's religion frowns about them spelling the word? Can't they FIRST find out Why people have spelled it this way? Especially Before they criticize others? Is that TOO MUCH to ask? Geez!!

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Yoda
    Lv 6
    9 months ago

I use the * sigh instead as I'm just not as good touch typing the hyphen lol.

I guess the answer to this is that people are not hear to relate but to fight. They have a perception and it's stereotyping others subconsciously such that comments come out without actual consideration or curiosity.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 9 months ago

Nice rant. Was there a question?

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ

• Yoda
      Lv 6
      9 months agoReport

You were running but you won't see me stabbing you...Violence is everything?

Curious statement to put on your profile: especially mixing Portuguese and German.

• 9 months ago

The fundie christians saw it on Harry Potter when they were discussing “you know who”. They nicked it as a clever plot device.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 9 months ago

Thanks for your rant. Did you have a question?

Also, what type of f ucked up belief system is so draconian as to forbid writing or saying the object of their own beliefs? This would warn any normal person to stay away from such a controlling and fascistic organisation.

• 9 months ago

I have never taken issue with it .. or even seen it but, since YOU choose to make it an issue, without asking a meaningful question about anything else, you have caught my interest.

What religions don't allow you to write the word god? Why don't they? What is the rational argument for not writing god when that is exactly what you mean and is the correct word in the English language? Is your god diminished by reference to him/her/it? Does it undermine your faith to write the word god? Are you embarrassed by your god? Is that the reason you do not write the word correctly? Why is your religion not proud of its god?

Words have agreed meanings in society. That is how we share ideas. Random combinations of symbols do not have meaning though we can sometimes work them out. Secret societies and those who wish to exclude others use obscure words or even use their own form of 'code'. If you are trying to exclude us, the simple solution is to avoid posting on a pubic forum.

It would be ignorant and insensitive to believe we can communicate with others only on OUR terms, ignoring the conventions of language and good manners. Your problem with the word god is for YOU to think about, considering its rationality and the rationality of other dogma that seeks to control your thoughts and actions. The rest of us are out here and willing to communicate with anyone about anything in normal, rational, conventional terms.

• ...Show all comments
    • Yoda
      Lv 6
      9 months agoReport

Thus, it is possible to say that with human intelligence, even finite complex things are truly undefined to us. The capacity of consciousness is an example: we tend to limit ourselves with our own assumptions and do ourselves down. We have a natural proclivity to criticise rather than be curious.

• 9 months ago

Look, if you're going to post non-questions like this one, and you're going to do it anonymously like a troll, you don't really get to complain about the responses. If you want better responses, ask actual, legitimate questions about things you'd like an answer to, and ask them honestly without hiding behind anonymity. Okay?

• 9 months ago

I don't have a problem with it. It seems strange though.

• 9 months ago

Why do you spell it that way?

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

A person can know many truths about the Name of God by reciting the rosary carefully every day.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.