As a introverted person how do I respond to questions like "How come you dont talk?"?

i remember back in 2005 , i was in LA there in my cousins house in LA where my other cousins one brother one sister from Australia i met for the first time, i thought on my time with the australian boy cousin i was talking loud with him or thought i wasnt quiet when around him but then all of a sudden he said... show more i remember back in 2005 , i was in LA there in my cousins house in LA where my other cousins one brother one sister from Australia i met for the first time, i thought on my time with the australian boy cousin i was talking loud with him or thought i wasnt quiet when around him but then all of a sudden he said "can i ask u a question?" he asked " how come u dont talk? " i didnt know wjat to say after that so i stop trying, the other cousin the girl one asked me "do u like to talk?" i mean how do i deal with people like that? i dont know.