Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 9 months ago

As a introverted person how do I respond to questions like "How come you dont talk?"?

i remember back in 2005 , i was in LA there in my cousins house in LA where my other cousins one brother one sister from Australia i met for the first time, i thought on my time with the australian boy cousin i was talking loud with him or thought i wasnt quiet when around him but then all of a sudden he said "can i ask u a question?" he asked " how come u dont talk? " i didnt know wjat to say after that so i stop trying, the other cousin the girl one asked me "do u like to talk?" i mean how do i deal with people like that? i dont know.

"I speak when I have something to say."

• God

"It's better to remain quiet and be thought a fool, than speak and be proven one". 

Just say, “ at the moment i would appreciate

Some silence thanks” try that, or leave a note

Saying, you prefer quietness, please don’t feel

Guilty or buy into others attempts to make you

Feel small thanks, ok?

Thanks

Very Best Wishes

Mars

Source:) Study and Ethics

You can for example answer back that you are more of a listener. If this happens again in the future, try to think that the other person is just being interested in you and would like to get to know you more. Quite often that might just be the case, even though the question makes it sound there is something wrong with you

• LP7

Maybe you're a good listener.Aussies can ramble on a bit too you know.

I shut my eyes and cover my ears in hopes that they’ll magically disappear by the time I open my eyes. I respond differently based on the people who ask me, I say things like I'm lost in my thoughts regarding you, I'm busy daydreaming about the time Alice fell down the rabbit hole and ended up in a really cool but unpredictable world, I'm thinking about ways to help you better understand me as well as I understand you, or I'm trying to find ways to punch you in a non-physical way.