Clicking & Creaking when Braking slow?

I drive a 2008 V6 Mustang. I just changed out the lower control arms and outer tie rods. I am also going to replace the sway bar bushings. I thought the clicking would stop after replacing the arms and tie rods (ball joints were all worn), but it hasn’t. What else could be causing this sound? It only occurs when I’m slowing down, braking relatively lightly. If I brake very sudden, there is no clicking or creaking. I checked my brake pads to see if they’re loose but they are secure! Desperate for an answer so I can get my car in tip top shape.

Suspensions don't make clicking sounds. I'd be looking a lot closer at the brakes. The metal hardware that the pads ride on can click. Any rust build up on the rotors can cause noise. i'd buy new Platinum series pads and rotors from Advance Auto and install them. Make sure to wire brush the rust on the caliper brackets before installing the new metal hardware.

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech
  • Da

Maybe check and grease your caliper slide pins